Last year after the implementation of Office 365 we also obtained the licensing for the use of SharePoint. Our plan is to overhaul the City’s current intranet and build out a new intranet solution, LBNet, based on SharePoint to offer “game-changing” transformation opportunities in the way that the City works internally. SharePoint will provide City departments with a set of standard collaboration and content management tools as well as a document library and an enterprise search function. In addition to backending LBNet, SharePoint will also provide many valuable features that will be extensively used throughout all departments. Here is a sampling of some of these features and benefits:
We anticipate being able to start this exciting project sometime in 2015 once we have rolled out the new City internet site (see below for more information.)
- Provide easy-to-use content management for departmental and City-wide Intranet content.
- Provide collaboration tools for all City departments that will facilitate information sharing across departments and improving efficiencies when working on team projects.
- Improve the efficiency with which all City employees will be able to locate documents by providing a centralized searchable document repository.
- Improve meeting productivity through collaboration tools and email integration.
- Improve collaboration productivity through document management, discussion groups, blogs, tasks management and status report management.
- Allow end-users to publish Intranet content on their own (independent of TI).